Milwaukee HVAC Experts Have the Answers
Investing in our professional Milwaukee HVAC contractors is much more than a service; it’s a promise. Family-owned since 1961, our Milwaukee heating and cooling specialists understand the importance of keeping homes comfortable, and can answer any of your HVAC FAQs. We treat your home as though you’re part of our family. Quality Heating specializes in HVAC installation and furnace repair in the Greater Milwaukee Area. After completing our Home Comfort Survey, we will provide you with the best HVAC solution for your needs and budget. Installation, repairs of any HVAC equipment, and annual maintenance; Quality Heating does it all!
Quality Heating optimizes your home for every season, saving you time and money on unnecessarily high heating and cooling costs. Enhancing the performance of your current HVAC system is the only way to ensure a comfortable winter or summer. Our heating and cooling specialists identify and analyze all facets of your home, providing a diverse opinion and custom-fit your precise requirements.
Quality Heating’s Greater Milwaukee Area HVAC technicians always have your best interest in mind. Our experts are dedicated to providing you with all the information needed to make an informed decision when it comes to your heating and cooling needs. We’ve gathered some of the most commonly asked questions below for your convenience.
Read through our expert heating and cooling resources and tips below and contact our Milwaukee heating and cooling experts for more information or to schedule an appointment today!
10 HVAC FAQs
1. How can I keep my home or business safe from carbon monoxide?
Carbon monoxide is often undetectable because it’s invisible and unscented. Heating equipment, Chimneys and Flues must be properly maintained to avoid the release of carbon monoxide.
- Audit your warehouse/office space to assure the building is meeting OSHA standards of health for your tenants/employees
- Inspect operation and time schedules of Make-Up Airs and Exhaust fans and Fresh Air Intakes
- Inspect fresh air intakes for combustion air for heating systems
- Complete annual maintenance of your HVAC equipment
- Replace carbon monoxide detectors every 3-4 years (pending manufactures requirements)
An on-site Greater Milwaukee Area HVAC professional from Quality Heating can help you in detecting and eliminating carbon monoxide from your home or business. If you need assurance your HVAC equipment is operating safely, contact Quality Heating at 262.786.4450.
2. How can I reduce my heating and cooling energy costs?
Annual HVAC system maintenance can reduce your energy costs significantly. Proper HVAC system maintenance will increase comfort, lower operating costs, increase system capacity, and insure longer equipment life.
- Some air conditioning and heating problems can DOUBLE operating costs without reducing comfort, making them hard to identify.
- Up to 80% of all air conditioning and heat pump compressor failures could be eliminated if the problems that lead to the failure were corrected in a timely manner.
- A refrigerant undercharge of only 10% can increase operating costs of your HVAC system by almost 20%.
- A dirty evaporator, condenser, and blower could increase electrical usage by 50% or more.
- Unrepaired small problems can lead to expensive emergency fixes.
- Plugged filters will cause a lack of air flow
The on-site HVAC engineers at Quality Heating can answer any questions you have about conducting annual HVAC inspections. We can assist you with cleaning condenser units, compressors, air filters, and calibrating your thermostat. We offer the best HVAC installation and repair services in Jefferson, Milwaukee, Ozaukee, Racine, Sheboygan. Washington, and Waukesha counties. For tips on reducing your monthly energy costs, contact the best Greater Milwaukee Area HVAC professionals from Quality Heating at 262.786.4450.
3. How can I reduce operating costs with my commercial HVAC systems in The Greater Milwaukee Area?
Commercial HVAC systems account for 40-60 percent of The Greater Milwaukee Area’s building’s energy use. Follow these HVAC system tips to reduce heating and cooling costs:
- Conduct routine HVAC maintenance checks. Inspect motors, belts, sheaves, replace filters, and clean coils.
- Coordinate the HVAC system to match the hours the building is occupied. Reduce the heating temperature in unoccupied buildings at night. (No more than a 5 degree differential)
- Have an Energy Audit on the building performed and seek out money wasting problems.
- Upgrade inefficient indoor fan motors with Energy Saving Green Motors.
- Safety checks can eliminate dangerous problems.
If your Greater Milwaukee Area Commercial HVAC system is costing you more than you think it should, contact Quality Heating at 262.786.4450 for additional information on reducing monthly energy costs. Our service professionals are available 24 hours a day for emergency breakdowns. Our staff of service & field engineers will assist you with information regarding the operation and maintenance of your buildings Heating and Cooling Systems.
4. What are the overall benefits of annual maintenance?
- Energy Savings: Lower utility bills, longer equipment life, increased capacity of existing HVAC systems
- Peace of Mind: Reduce break downs and emergency HVAC repairs
- Convenience: Priority scheduling, prescheduled service
- Quality: OEM factory parts, factory trained technicians
- Comfort: Comfortable tenants stay longer, comfortable employees are more productive
- Health: Safe living and working environment
Quality Heating’s professionals have the expertise to service and maintain your commercial Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning System. Contact one of our Greater Milwaukee cooling contractors at 262.786.4450 with any questions you may have about savings energy dollars and preventing emergency repairs and replacements.
5. What do I need to do before I call Quality Heating?
Please take a few minutes to review the following checklist:
- Make sure the thermostat is set to either the heat or cool position
- Set thermostat to desired temperature
- Make sure the switch at the furnace is in the ON position by turning it OFF and then back ON
- Check filter for accumulation of dirt (Replace or clean as needed)
- Check for blown fuses or tripped circuit breakers
- For air conditioning, check the outside disconnect to make sure it is in the ON position
- For heating, check that the gas shutoff is turned on at both the gas line and inside the furnace
- For heating, check for snow, leaves or blockages in the vent pipes
- If you have a flexible drain hose to the floor, make sure it is not plugged, kinked or rolled up
6. What is the average life expectancy of a Heating and Air Conditioning System in South Eastern Wisconsin?
The average life of a Commercial Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning System is 12 years. Units that are inefficient or past their life expectancy can be upgraded with a new unit. New units can often provide enough energy savings which which could cover the cost in just 3 to 6 years. Financing and leasing programs are available. If you have questions or would like to schedule a free estimate for a location near The Greater Milwaukee Area, contact Quality Heating at 262.786.4450.
7. What should I watch out for when maintaining my Mini Split?
Our experienced heating and cooling team can confirm that most mini split concerns are similar to those facing traditional heating and cooling systems. Ductless Mini Split systems are smaller, sleeker, and require only 3 inch holes for confined installation. You should keep your ductless mini split system clean of potentially damaging obstructions. Mini splits require smooth airflow, so be wary of grass clippings, garbage, and tree debris clogging the grille and interrupting the units operating efficiency. If debris blocks your mini split condenser, simply brush it away from your protective grille to ensure airflow and prevent damage to the fan blades. Those with ductless mini split system should be sure to watch out for climbing vines or weeds, which are capable of growing into your vents and damaging your mini split system. Tree roots or erosion could also cause your mini split to become uneven, disrupting efficiency and costing you monthly energy savings. Once a year, you should remove the cover and rinse out the inside of your mini split system. Always be on the lookout for excessive rust or damage. If you have any concerns about your mini split system, please call The Greater Milwaukee Area HVAC repair specialists at Quality Heating at 262-786-4450.
8. Why would I install a ductless mini split system as opposed to extending my HVAC system?
For one, not all heating and cooling systems are run off forced air. Extending the coils or piping necessary for supporting a radiant water-pipe system can be ridiculously expensive for a one-room solution. Secondly, extending existing ducts can be expensive, complicated and unsightly. If you have an add-on or addition deserving of independent climate control, a ductless mini-split installation will save on your monthly energy bills. Older buildings with baseboard heating or radiators are also prime candidates for ductless mini-splits. Space constraints are also a major factor. A Wisconsin ductless mini split air conditioner offers a great solution, requiring only a 3 inch hole in the wall to independently regulate your heating and cooling needs with a slim outdoor unit. Extending long ducts can result in drastic energy loss – as much as 30%. Many people in need of air conditioning find duct extension impossible if their outdoor sun-room is standalone. If you are a landlord seeking a heating and cooling company to provide ductless mini split systems to residents in your duplex, triplex, or multi-family residence. Our ductless mini split systems will supply your residents with an energy efficient solution that will meet their individual HVAC needs. Our experienced comfort specialists provide free estimates and can assess your situation to provide you with the best option to suit your needs, just call 262.786.4450.
9. Will buying ENERGY STAR HVAC systems save me money?
ENERGY STAR is a government guarantee that the appliance meets firm efficiency standards. Buying ENERGY STAR appliances reduce monthly utility costs and environmental pollution. ENERGY STAR systems save thousands of dollars in energy bills over the lifespan of the appliance.The installation of ENERGY STAR products requires qualified Milwaukee HVAC professionals. The installation and service experts at Quality Heating have installed and maintained ENERGY STAR appliances since they came to market. If you need installation or servicing of an ENERGY STAR HVAC system, or if you’d like more information on how ENERGY STAR can save you money, contact Quality Heating at 262.786.4450.
10. Will updating my HVAC system thermostat save money?
Turning the dial of a thermostat up or down for warmer or cooler temperature wastes money and energy. Digital thermostats are more accurate and responsive than dial thermostats. A digital thermostat allows you to pre-set temperatures for different times of the day. Avoiding the temperature swings of dial thermostats reduces energy costs. Start saving money by updating your dial thermostat with a digital thermostat. Contact Quality Heating, for your Greater Milwaukee Area HVAC installation and repair needs. Call today at 262.786.4450 for a free Milwaukee HVAC system estimate.