Indoor Air Quality
Thank you, Quality Heating, for sending out two very competent servicemen to repair my furnace. Both Danny and Pat were personable and informative in explaining things and answering my questions.
2840 North Brookfield Rd,
Brookfield, WI 53045
Improve Your Indoor Air Quality
When air is kept tightly inside a home, energy-efficiency increases, but what about indoor air quality? In fact, because homes across The Greater Milwaukee are now being built to reduce the flow of air through windows and doors, pollutants remain trapped indoors. These contaminants build up and ultimately expose you and your family to a variety of airborne mold spores, bacteria, fungus, mildew, and other microbes.
How to improve indoor air quality
- Replace your HVAC system air filters regularly. Quality Heating and Sheet Metal includes air filter cleaning for your HVAC system in our maintenance packages. One-inch media air filters should be replaced every 30 days. Four to five inch wide, high-efficiency media filters should be replaced every 6 months to a year to maintain dust and allergen-free air(there are some exceptions: smoking, candles, pets, fireplace, cooking with oils, remodeling/construction, high volume traffic) (with these applications a filter may need to be replaced more often).
- Install home carbon monoxide sensors. Carbon monoxide is an odorless, colorless, and tasteless gas released by stoves, furnaces, wood-burning fireplaces, and gas or kerosene space heaters, among other sources. Carbon monoxide can cause headaches, fatigue, nausea, and impaired coordination. Simply placing several carbon monoxide detectors on every level of your home can protect your family’s health.
- Bring fresh air into your home. Opening the windows in your home in the early morning and late afternoon allows for more air to flow through your home, helping to reduce the buildup of noxious odors. Energy and Heat Recovery ventilators can bring fresh air into your home by using an efficient transfer of heat and moisture.
- Control Excess Humidity. Excess moisture in your home can cause musty odors, make you uncomfortable, and damage your home. It can also impact the health of your family! Whole-home dehumidifiers remove excess humidity from your home and run more efficiently than portables. The life expectancy of a whole home dehumidifier is also three times as long as a portable dehumidifier.
- Purify the air in your home. Ultraviolet Germicidal and Photo-Catalytic Air Purifiers can be installed as part of your homes heating and cooling system to control-Bioaerosols-viruses, bacteria, mold, and Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC’s) chemical or odor-causing gases.
Quality is what we do for The Greater Milwaukee Area
Air quality is our specialty at Quality Heating. Since 1961, we’ve been proud to serve Southeast Wisconsin and have earned the reputation of being a leader in our field. To experience our high-quality work and customer-oriented service, contact us today by using the online contact form or by calling us at (262) 786-4450. Our emergency services are available 24-7.