Heat pumps offer an energy-efficient alternative to furnaces and air conditioners. Heat pumps utilize electricity to move heat from a cool space into a warm space, making the cool space cooler and the warm space warmer. During the heating season, heat pumps move heat from the cool outdoors into your warm house. During the cooling season, heat pumps move heat from your house into the warm outdoors. Because air-to-air heat pumps transfer energy rather than generate it, they produce up to four times the amount of energy they consume, saving you lots of money on your utility bills.
Quality Heating offers installation of two types of heat pumps, including:
- Ground coil systems (which draw heat or coolness from the earth), which can last for 50 years when properly cared for.
- Air coil systems (which draw heat or coolness from the air) which last for 25 years with maintenance.
Repair and Maintenance
Keeping up with the regular maintenance on the outdoor side of your heat pump unit is something often overlooked by homeowners. Many people simply don’t think about cleaning out their heat pumps and suddenly run into huge issues that they aren’t prepared for. These problems can be easily avoided with regular maintenance. While heat pump maintenance performed by the homeowner can help avoid common problems, having a trained professional administer a yearly inspection will keep your system running for a long time.
Quick tips for maintaining heat pumps
Before calling the professionals at Quality Heating to service your heat pump unit, try these quick tips to maintain the system yourself:
- Replace filters. Removing and changing the air filters helps to ensure your home has clean and fresh air flowing through it.
- Clean debris. Keeping the area around the heat pump clean of debris, bushes, leaves, and other yard waste keeps the fans clear and allows for easier air intake. Make sure to open your unit and clean it at least twice a year.
- Check the condensation pan. Checking and cleaning out the condensation pan, drain, and trap are vital to keeping your heat pump running smoothly.
- Contact Quality Heating for professional help. The quick tips listed above will help to keep your heat pump running smoothly, but bigger issues should be addressed by professionals. If your heat pump system isn’t operating correctly, call the heating and cooling experts at Quality Heating.
We’re here for you
If your heat pump system needs service, the professionals at Quality Heating are just one call away. Together, we’ll discuss your issues, provide you with a free quote, and schedule an inspection. Our family-owned business has been proud to serve southeast Wisconsin since 1961. Experience for yourself why we’ve become a leader in the heating and cooling field: contact us today by using the online contact form or by calling us at (262) 786-4450. Our emergency services are available 24-7.